Dear St. Martin of Tours School Families,
Welcome to St. Martin of Tours Independent Mission School where diversity is our gift. We are a child centered, family sensitive school community. Jesus is our center and Mary is our model. We are proud of our Catholic Identity and Academic Excellence. Our mission is to prepare our students to take their place in a global society enriched by the traditions of our Faith and equipped with 21st Century skills.
As the hope of our future, we call our students to leadership and service. Our school motto is, “We Are Better Together” and because of this, we are firmly convinced that we can make a difference in our world. We are looking forward to working collaboratively with you to nurture your child’s academic, social and emotional growth. This year we will continue to work to foster open lines of communication between the school and the home to ensure student success.
Here are several things you can do at home to help your child have a successful school year:
- Send your child to school every day on time.
- Make sure your child gets eight hours sleep each night.
- Establish a routine for studying. Give your child a quiet corner to read and regular time to do homework.
- Keep in touch with your child’s teacher via e-mail, telephone, notes, or letters
- Attend school-wide events, classroom events, and conferences
- Celebrate your child’s success (giving verbal praise), no matter how small it may seem. This will keep your child enthusiastic about learning and proud of their work.
I am confident that this will be an outstanding school year and look forward to working with the staff and community to continue the St. Martin of Tours School tradition of academic excellence! Please continue to be on the lookout for communication from the school about timely items, upcoming events, and general reminders.
Mr. Matthew Grill